1. Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you to provide the services you request, to improve the user’s interaction with OpenCBS, and to communicate with you about product information, services and potential cooperation. We try to limit the collected information to support the intended purpose of collection.
1.1. Personal Information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with OpenCBS through the Website. Some examples are when you:
- create an account on the Website;
- request for software download;
- request customer service or contact us;
- subscribe to our newsletters;
- modify the OpenCBS software (the “Software”); or
- otherwise submit personal information to OpenCBS.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact information such as your name and/or company name, address, phone number and email address. We may also collect personal information about you through social media websites and services and from other sources. We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way, including through email, telephone, or other communications. If you contact us for support, we will keep an internal record of our communication with you.
When you ask us to provide services for the benefit of a third party, you shall be legally authorized by said third party to disclose his/her personal information to OpenCBS. This authorization shall cover personal information including but not limited to the name, address, phone number or email address of the third party. You agree that you must bear all risks associated with the use of any third party’s personal information communicated by you and that under no circumstances will OpenCBS be liable in any way for any personal information or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any personal information. OpenCBS is merely acting as a passive channel for the use of the personal information and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any third party’s personal information communicated by you and/or your company.
1.2 Usage Information
We receive and store certain types of information about your use of the Website when you use the Website. Our purpose is to allow the Website to work correctly, to allow us to provide our services, to evaluate use of the Website, for marketing purposesand to personalize and enhance your interaction with OpenCBS. Some examples include:
- we may collect technical information such as your IP address, the address of a referring website or application, the type of web browser or mobile device you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider and the path you take through the Website;
- when you download Software, we collect information about the download, such as Software details and the date of the download.
We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our Website and make your browsing and downloading experience more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personal information, except as necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our system.
2. How We Use Your Information
OpenCBS uses your personal information and usage information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our operations. These include order or service fulfillment, customer service, internal processes,marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- to fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about said requests;
- to send you notifications concerning update of Software and/or products;
- to register your account on the Website;
- to provide customer service;
- to help us improve and customize the Website;
- to contact you regarding your modification to or other matters about the Software;
- to develop the business relation with you if you are or become a partner of OpenCBS, such as sending a partner program content and sharing your information with other partners or customers;
- to send you information about our products and services; and
- to protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and usage information we collect. We may transfer or disclose your personal and usage information, for these purposes, to personnel within OpenCBS.
3. Retention of Personal Information
4. Analytics Services
In addition, many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. Our systems do notrespond to Do Not Track signals. Nonetheless, if you enable Do Not Track and it is recognized by our systems, OpenCBS will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on the Website.
5. How We Disclose Your Information Outside OpenCBS
5.1. Service Providers
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to third parties or service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are developers or vendors of our Software, payment companies, credit card processors and other payment service providers such as PayPal, financial institution partners, hosting and maintenance providers, data storage and management providers, service providers sending emails and notifications, and generally, companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our Website.
5.2. Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of OpenCBS, our customers, our partners, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Examples include protecting the health or safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on the Website. OpenCBS may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legally valid inquiry or order, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
5.3. Business Transfers
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of OpenCBS or as part of a reorganization or other change in control.
6. Your Choices
We want to communicate with you in the ways that you want to hear from us. If you no longer want to receive communications from us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link on any email you receive from us. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. After processing your request, we will place your personally identifiable information in "deactivated" status on our relevant databases. However, you should know that placement of your information in "deactivated" status does not mean that your personally identifiable information has been deleted from our database entirely. We will retain and use your personally identifiable information if necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
7. How to Access, Update and Remove Your Information
OpenCBS takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access, update and/or remove your personal information, including contact or account information, by sending us an email.
8. How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is important to OpenCBS. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Website, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website, and you do so at your own risk.
OpenCBS accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party.
9. Online Protections
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential.
10. Privacy of Children Online
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. In order to protect the privacy of children, OpenCBS does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without prior parental consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records.
11. Limitation of Libality
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OPENCBS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF OPENCBS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF OPENCBS USE OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF ANY PERSON PROVIDED BY YOU AND/OR YOUR COMPANY. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply.
12. Links to Other Websites
13. Transfer of Data Abroad
If you are visiting this Website from a country other than the country in which our servers are located, your communications with us may result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this Website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to such transfers.
15. Contact Us
* * *
1. What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that this Website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that this Website can recognise you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
2. Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow this Website to recognise you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use this Website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable this Website to "recognise" you on your return remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies which are set by this Website which you have chosen to visit, such as this Website, in order to provide us or third parties with information.
We currently use, and may use in the future, the following types of cookies on this Website.
We use session cookies to:
- help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use this Website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
We use persistent cookies to:
- help us recognise you as a unique user when you return to our Website so that you do not have to input your details multiple times as you move between our pages or services,
- remember how you have customised your use of this Website, such as your time zone,
- collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use this Website and help us improve the structure of our Website.
We may also use web beacons. Web beacons allow us to understand if a certain page of the Website was visited or if an email was opened or if advertising banners on other websites were effective.
As with third party cookies, you are able to block third party cookies through your browser settings.
4. Refusing Cookies on this Website